Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Feast

While I have been in Paris I think that I have would have eaten fois gras almost every day, heart disease never tasted so good. For those of you who where unaware that I was even abroad here is a shameless plug for my travel blog Galavanting Across the Globe which you will find at http://gallivantingacrosstheglobe.blogspot.com/.

My beautiful god mother Katie and I ate ourselves silly on Christmas Eve in the most self-indulgent parisian fashion.

Christmas Eve 2010
Entree
Fois Gras with Kirsch soaked cherries, roasted hazelnuts and toasted brioche

Main
Beef Medallion wrapped in sweet pork fat on top of brettonais haricot beans

Cheese
Commis pear stuffed with roquefort, french walnuts and creme fraiche

Dessert
Normandy style apple tarte with Berthillon's caramelised chestnut icecream



Here are the pictures below don't blame me if they make you hungry. The lighting is not great because we had a candle lit dinner.














No comments:

Post a Comment