Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Julia Child: like the Meryl Streep version but a real person


Today I stumbled across some Julia Child comments. I should have been researching but, having somehow convinced myself I deserved a break, I was wandering the inter webs looking for interesting tit bits. Some of these came up and there were so great that they deserve sharing. It has also inspired me to track down an old copy of her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking, perhaps I will stick my Cordon Bleu certificate inside it. 


"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook." 


"If you're afraid of butter, use cream." 


"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." 


"I think every woman should have a blowtorch." 


Now I am not advocating for over indulgence or gluttony. That you have to do yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment